VENTO Bici Tour 2019: the 7th edition has arrived!
from 24/05 to 03/06 from Torino to Venezia along the Po river
Two long lasting weekends of collective bike-riding and many events along VENTO
VENTO Bici Tour 2019 VENTO Bike Tour 2019 at its seventh edition, returns to pedaling through the territories and the beauties of the Po river valley: from May 24th to June 3rd from Chivasso to the Lido of Venice. The cultural bicycle tour along the thread of the future VENTO cycle route, promoted by the research group of the Politecnico di Milano, is open to everyone for the third consecutive year, in two long weekend of collective cycling:
- from Friday 24th to Monday 27th May from Chivasso to Piacenza
- from Friday 31th May to Monday 3d June from Reggio Emilia to Lido di Venezia
After the movement of 1,000 bicycles last year, the journey to rediscover the beauty and heritage of the four regions of the Po will be the opportunity to include more and more internal and fragile territories, far from mass tourism, reviving small and medium local realities and bringing back in the light the traditions and the material and immaterial culture of the places crossed.
VENTO Bici Tour 2019, in the year of the Slow Tourism declared by the MIBAC, proposes two long weekend of collective cycling and a week of events full of educational, cultural, social and institutional events in the territories bathed by the Po river:
- on tuesday, May 28, there will be a cycling workshop between Piacenza and Cremona dedicated to Politecnico di Milano students within the innovative Passion in action educational project
- on wednsday, May 29, as part of MantovArchitettura, there will be an institutional conference on slow tourism and happy mobility: VENTO e SENTIERO ITALIA CAI: linee lente per un’inedita rigenerazione territoriale
Cycling is a political act. Cycling in group is a silent revolution.
The stages: click on the image to view the program of collective cycling days
N.B. On Sunday May 26th around 4:00 pm, there will be a stop in front of the Pavia railway station to allow all those who wish, to return home in time to vote.
SIGN UP TO THE COLLECTIVE BIKE RIDING: INFO AND DETAILS
To take part in the collective bike riding you need to subscribe. It is possible to sign up for a one day trip, a 2 days trip, 3 days trip, for one long lasting weekend or both the weekends. A special fee is provided for university students and for the families (young between 9-18 years, 50% discount on the fee; kids up to 8 years free).
Hurry up! Only 200 people each day can sign up… 300 just for the Casale Monferrato – Cornale e Bastida stage (Sat 25/5)!
|Sign up fee||Christmas gift
from 17/12 to 06/01
|by 30/04||from 01/05 to 19/05||on site ****|
|1 day||25,00 €||25,00 €||35,00 €||40,00 €|
|2 days||35,00 €||40,00 €||50,00 €||55,00 €|
|3 days||45,00 €||55,00 €||65,00 €||70,00 €|
|4 days/ 1 weekend||55,00 €||70,00 €||80,00 €||85,00 €|
|6 days||75,00 €||100,00 €||115,00 €||125,00 €|
|8 days/ 2 weekends||95,00 €||130,00 €||145,00 €||155,00 €|
|University students*||-50%||-50%||-25%||no reduction|
|Young 9-18 years**||-50%||-50%||-25%||no reduction|
|Slow Food members***||-15%||-15%||-1o%||no reduction|
* The offer is valid only for university students that are on schedule with their studies. These aspects will be verified and in case of inconsistencies, an integration of the fee will be requested on site. When registering online, an image of the card must be uploaded. Before departure you may be asked to show your card again and in case of problems you will be asked to complete the registration fee. To formalize your enrollment as a student, use the discount code indicated here: STUDUNI_50. Hurry up, we have reserved 50 places for university students with a 50% discounted registration fee!
**Children under 8 years old, accompanied by parents, are admitted free of charge.
*** Slow Food members have to apply directly to Slow Food for the discount code dedicated.
**** Registrations on site will close strictly 1 hour before the departure time of the ride, to allow the activation of the insurance coverage for members.
What does the registration fee include?
The subscription partially covers the organization costs. It includes: participant’s pack (tour T-shirt, bike number, luggage number, bracelet), insurance coverage (for children under 8 years old insurance is offered by Politecnico di Milano), luggage transport service, mechanical assistance, guided visit, fruit/water breaks. Transfer (including those in the Lagoon on Monday 3 June), food (lunches can be purchased on the site later) and accommodation are not included. The organization provides reductions for accommodation reserved to the participants: a dedicated section of the website will soon be online.
Rented bicycles, lunches and transfers in the lagoon
By the end of March, it will be possible to book rental bicycles (classic or pedal assisted ones), helmets, lunches and transfers in the Lagoon, paying the relative sums to the subjetc in charge (Witoor). The cost of these services will be announced in the coming weeks.
Information on the route we are going to travel
VENTO is not yet an existing cycle path, it is currently just a cycle infrastructure project. Politecnico di Milano is not responsible for the participants. Politecnico di Milano defers to an external party, Witoor, the organisation of the collective bike riding. Said party will work to obtain the needed authorization on the VENTO track that will allow participants to ride along the cycle path in the safest way possible, also with temporary restriction of vehicular traffic where necessary.